- Hohner Pokerwork D/G Melodeon. Including leather straps and a free copy of Absolute Beginners Melodeon by Dave Mallinson
The Hohner Poker D/ G Melodeon is often known as the work horse for English Morris,Beautifully made with that English summer sound.This classic melodeon comes with top quality straps for ease of handling.The D/G model is suited to English folk music.Two row diatonics have rows tuned one forth apart.For anymore information on melodeons please call our store.
What tuning should I get?
Firstly you need to know what style of music you will mainly want to play, the most popular styles are given below, and each calls for a different tuning. Apart from the style you prefer, you should consider what key your friends use, so you can join in and learn from them, and the pitch of your voice. We would always recommend you to start on a two row.
- D/G is suited to English folk Music.
- B/C is the usual choice for Irish music (players use both rows in order to play mainly in D or G, but the instrument is almost chromatic). B/C and C/C# are also used in Scotland. C/C# is less popular now and C#/D also exists.
- In France, and most parts of North and South America G/C is preferred
- In Germany C/F is the standard and the Club Model is a popular variant with two and a half rows.
FREE UK DELIVERY ONLY